Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Face Shop Lovely ME:EX Nails (Red RD301 & Lavender PP401)




Hi guys!
All ready for Chinese New Year?
If not, get into the mood with this gorgeous red nail polish from The Face Shop! 


(Lovely ME:EX3 Paint Nails RD301)





I got it in the Xmas gift sets on sale for $14.90, with another nail polish and the Mini Pet Hand Cream, which is my ultimate favourite hand cream now! (I even use it when my hair gets too dry sometimes because it is a hassle to bring leave-on hair conditioner)

I’ll review it some other time. I actually have an extra pot of Mini Pet hand cream that I’m putting up for sale (see my 'for sale' link on the Nav Bar)
I noticed The Face Shop outlets have not been stocking much of them nowadays… Hopefully they don’t discontinue them ;-;



Check out all the colours  here. I've provided links to the two colours too, just click on them ^^


Anyway, I really like the feel of these nail polishes, quick to dry, and goes on smoothly. Of course, slower hands might result in a goey texture (like dough) so make sure each coat goes on- fast!
I like to apply a thin layer first over a base coat (it still looks really great even if you're not bothering to apply a base coat) so my clumsy skills don't let it trickle over the sides.

The colour is really solid through, not like those lousy nail polishes that need thousands of coats to look solid. Of course I'm exaggerating. But you know what I mean. I love Liole, but they are so watery I can't be bothered to wait for each layer to dry.


(look at my failed quick attempt)






To be fair, I took like 5 seconds on each nail, just for a demo. I'm not THAT sloppy when I do my nails.
The colour is just plain gorgeous :3
I know some of you might think- 'ick, that colour is for old ladies and power career women', but give it a try!

I've been sticking to boring colours like biege and pink for god knows how long, then my friend shocked me up by buying this dark blue nail polish from O.P.I because she told me she was tired of watching me put on nail polish that didn't look like I put on nail polish (God bless her). And guess what?

I loved it.
And I am way more adventurous now, so when I saw the gift set I thought, 'Well, why not?'

If you are still a bit wary of bright colours, this muted purple will suit you well. It's still feminine and girly, but not too boring or plain.

(Lovely ME:EX3 Paint Nails PP401)







I just loooooooove the texture.


Pretty yeah? This is so going on my toes!
Tell me what you think :)
I think I'll get the Nail Dot Pen next!

********************************************************************
Loves: Texture, colour... almost everything!

Hates: It gets gooey after awhile and sometimes it leaks to the sides, so I put two thin layers. Nothing much to complain about.

Rating: 9/10

Would I buy it again?: Yep, I love this range! But I won't buy the exact same colours (duh)

Pricing: Not too sure, but I saw it on offer once, 3 for 10SGD

No comments:

Post a Comment