Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mentholatum Lip Ice in Strawberry, SPF 15

Okay I'll do another lip balm post!

This was the second lip balm I bought, after Maybelline's Soothing Cherry lip balm! (see post)
I bought it in Laos when I was on an OCIP (overseas community involvement programme) for about 2.30 SGD (rough calculation) which is obviously only half the price here ^^ (about 4.30 SGD)

I originally intended to get it for my mum but she fell in love with the Burt's Bees lip balm instead (post, here) so she gave it to me instead. I'm glad she did! 




Sorry the pictures are kinda unclear, it's 'cos the balm is so translucent the camera can't really pick it up.
I was trying to focus on the tip and in the end I got so fed up with the lazy method of auto-focusing I just turned it on manual focus and adjusted and... viola! Slightly better. (I didn't upload the blurred ones though)

The camera actually picked up colour better when I put my hand there, so pardon my ugly fingers. 

I usually use this balm during the terrible three-hour lecture hell day because it has the 'oily' feel that I really need and the scent is not too strong, so it won't distract me much.

Why not use Burt's Bees? You may ask.
Well, because Burt's Bees gives heavy moisture but it has a matt/ dry feel, which I don't want during cold lecture periods- I want the oily feeling!
Okay I'm kinda contradicting myself in my previous posts but whatever, I just want that oily feel even though Burt's Bees gives me more moisture.

I think I'm developing a compulsive lip balm applying habit gosh :X

You should know from the brand name that this lip balm gives this 'icy' feeling after application. Burt's Bees gives me that feeling too, and it's actually because of the peppermint I think? Try putting toothpaste on your lips (toothpaste dries out your skin though) and that's the feeling you will get.

I'm not sure about how natural their ingredients are but I think it shouldn't matter much unless you are some organic health-conscious person.
If you are, Burt's Bees would be a safer bet- but not many shops in Singapore sell them. Just be warned.

You can like Lip Ice's page on Facebook for free samples!
Look at how cute the sample is!!




I have the same thing for the Lip Ice Sheer Colour balm~
I think the sheer colour sample giveaway is over though :( You can go to the Malaysia page to check, maybe they still have stock? That's where I got mine ^^
I keep them in my little pouch and bring them around everywhere- so convenient and cute! They should totally sell the samples ._.

***************************************************************************************************
Loves: Oily feel, great for cold places
Hates: None! Er.... coverage doesn't last long actually
Rating: 8/10
Price: I think it goes around 4.30 SGD at Guardian, Watsons, SASA etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment