Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Body Shop Born Lippy Pink Guava Lip Balm

This will be a short review-

The Body Shop Born Lippy Pink Guava Lip Balm!




As you can see, the texture inside is sticky-ish...
I don't know why they call it a lip balm, it's more like a lip gloss in terms of texture and colour... (lip balm colours are more opaque, but gloss is translucent) 

Personally, I'm not a big fan of this lip balm because it tastes awful.
You got that right. It tastes awful. 
Okay you'll probably be shaking your head and thinking
OMG what a dolt no one asked you to eat it, you dumbass.
But anyone who's ever worn lipgloss should know that it will inevitably end up in your mouth for some reason no matter how careful you are, and drinking water is a pain...
So yeah. It tastes awful and artificial, and you can actually taste the smell of the lip balm (weird right)

I much prefer lip balms because they provide colour and look pretty natural (I'm not a fan of sparkly, bling-bling, eye-catching lip prints and colours) AND I can use them in school without any teachers getting on my case.
Plus I have long hair that flaps all over my face and they'll get stuck to my glossy, sticky lips when the wind blows, and I major hate that.


the slight translucent colour I was talking about.. orangey and pinkish and pretty natural except for the glossy shine

************************************************************************************************
Loves: Pretty colour
Hates: The smell gets sickly sweet after awhile, and it tastes awful, and my hair sticks to it.
Rating: 6/10 (because it is actually quite pretty, just my personal preferences affected the rating)
Pricing: 8.90 SGD

Note: I bought this last year so this is the old packaging, you might not see the same label on top anymore though the container is still the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment