Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Silkygirl Big Eye Collagen Waterproof Mascara

This product's name is a definite misnomer.





To start with, it is not waterproof.

The website also claims that it is smudge-proof... 





...but I can assure you that it is not.


Evidence:




Hmmm yeah I used a photo editor to minimise the redness of the pimples you can faintly see there. So it doesn't distract you from my pretty eyes~ 




This was done with cold water, so you can't say that it was the warm water that did it.
I didn't take a swatch for the smudge-proof claim, but I can assure you that it smudges. I had a hard time trying to cover up my mascara smudge in school.

But please don't think that this product is a no-go-- in fact, this is my favourite mascara yet because the bristles are so hard and fine, it creates wonderful natural-looking lashes.


I tried it in Guardian and fell in love with it!

I just HAD to get it right away... and I did!

This mascara layers really well.

One coat is good for really subtle lashes, like for school, two coats for a more obvious look, and three coats for a really dramatic pop! But usually my lashes start to clump by three coats and I have to use the brush to guide it downwards to ease out the clumping... then the mascara kinda loses its function of making my lashes go upwards.


Starts clumping after 3 coats~


See the difference in length!!


Actually, my lashes already curl up naturally so some mascaras are too heavy and end up drooping lower. Weird huh? And I have a thin extra layer of eyelashes on top of my main ones, like Elizabeth Taylor.

She was sooooo pretty~

Hopefully it's not a sign that I have the same weird mutation as her that caused her heart problems too. I actually googled 'double layer eyelashes' and I think she's the only one! How cool is that?
She lived such a sad life though... I don't want my life to be like that! Pretty and desired by so many but no stable love in her life

Back to the point 
Anyway, I love this mascara because it is so easy to use!
Anyway, you don't HAVE to have a waterproof or smudge-proof one, right?

I just wish the brush could be designed in a more curved shape for easier application, like the Maybelline one I'll be reviewing later on ^^ I love that brush because it is a 'cat-eyes brush' and is extremely suitable for people with eyes like mine!

It's just made for me, hahaha~

*****************************************************************************
Loves: Easy and clean application, doesn't clump easily

Hates: Not waterproof or smudge-proof as claimed

Rating: 8.5/10.... I really love this mascara.

Price: 14.90 SGD at Watsons/ Guardian/ SASA/ hypermarts like Giant, before promotions










No comments:

Post a Comment