Tuesday, June 25, 2013

E.L.F Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara

You'll have to excuse me for the lack of pictures for the next few posts!
My family is on holiday and they've taken the DSLR, so.... no pictures. ;-;

Anyway, I’ll be reviewing the Wet Gloss Lash & Brow Clear Mascara from E.L.F today.

credits to beautybeaucoup.blogspot.com

I love the affordability of E.L.F products, and I use this everyday because it gives my lashes a subtle lift and length without coming off as overly fake- it looks like you just washed your face and the water stayed on your lashes!

I guess that’s the ‘wet look’ for you! Wonder if Gatsby’s hair gel works the same way? *thoughtful* Would be so much cheaper, wouldn’t it? *feels consistency of mascara* Hmmm… maybe I just hit upon some industrial trade secret!

Okay, jokes aside (I don’t want to be sued), if you are looking for something with heavy-duty lifting and curling, this mascara is not for you. In fact, I find that my lashes are less curled than before (my lashes naturally curl up at the ends)- I get longer, sweeping lashes. This would suit people who already have decent lashes, and are looking for something to brighten up their eyes without coming across as heavily made up.

This does not have very long lasting power and is not waterproof or smudgeproof, so a re-application is needed after 2-3 hours. You can also revive it with a careful swipe of water with a clean mascara wand or if you do not have one on hand, swipe your finger in an upwards movement (be very careful though). This is a trick I found out after fretting over clumping lashes- one too many re-applications will make your lashes clump.

The tube is a double-ended one, labeled ‘eyelash’ and ‘eyebrow’ on each end, but I just use both ends for my lashes. The wands are the same anyway. I really like the wands because they do a good job of separating the lashes, and there is this part at the top of the tube that gets rid of excess product so the brush won’t contain too much gel and make your lashes clump! One or two swipes of the wand should do the trick- this isn’t one of those ‘false lashes effect’ mascaras, and you want to avoid clumping.

Did I mention I really hate clumping lashes? …no? Well, I think it shows in my post.

Well, that's all guys! Pictures to be added up soon (hopefully)!

No comments:

Post a Comment